Sony S Tablet Review
Taking a closer look at how Sony has actually planned their release of the Sony Tablet S, it's certain that they've taken a different approach, by making sure they will make all the necessary changes this time in order for their audience to be completely wowed. This new tablet from Sony seems to be superior to many of the models they released in the past and some of the first things you will notice when seeing it is its striking folded book design, but also its finished look which makes it a very stylish tablet. If you're curious about it and you're actually planning on buying this little bad boy and you want to know more about it, then relax, sit comfortably in your chair and read on, as in the following paragraphs this Sony Tablet S review will tell you all you have to know about it.
- Zooming in on the tablet's design, you'll find the back sports a black fold at the top, whereas the rest of the tablet is made out of shiny high quality aluminum. Sony opted for a slim design, as they know all of their users are now focused on getting products which are not only buffed up with great features and performance, but at the same time they are highly portable and lightweight as well.
- The tablet comes with a single 8 MP camera which can film full HD content and can be found in the center of the fold, whereas the speakers can be found at the bottom right and left of the tablet. On the bottom edge though you will also find a multi port to which the included USB cable and charger can be connected to.
- In what regards, the HDMI port, you will find there's also a removable cover for it and as long as the cover is on, the tablet is supposedly splash proof. But of course, as anyone who values their electronics, you wouldn't basically dip it in water to test this out, would you?
- Looking at the right edge of the tablet, you'll see there are 2 buttons, one of them being the power button located at the top (which is also used for waking up and putting the tablet in sleep mode) and the volume rocket which can be found just below the power button. In regards to the tablet's left edge, you'll find a 3.5 mm jack for headphones at the top and little further down, there's an SD card slot.
- Weighing just 570 grams, this tablet will feel great in your hands and even if you'll hold it for long periods of time, it won't give you sore hands.
Running on Android's 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS, you'll find the tablet will perform excellent in every kind of application you'll throw at it. No matter if you love playing games on it or you just like to browse the web, the Android OS guarantees a pleasant, smooth and seamless user experience that'll certainly become addictive.
The Sony Tablet S features a 1.3 GHz Tegra 3 CPU with 4 threads which means you're going to get a lot of power from it. Coming with 1 GB of RAM and a 9,4 inches screen with a resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels, coming at 161 pixels per inch, you're going to fall in love with all the media you'll experience by using the Sony Tablet S.
If you're interested in buying it and want additional space compared to the 16 GB base model, you can get the tablet with even more space, choosing the 32 GB and 64 GB models. Needless to say, you'll also need Wi-Fi and maybe 3G, too, options that you can either consider at the same time or just go with one of them, depending on your needs.
You'll also get USB 2.0 and Bluetooth 3.0 support and the possibility of adding a maximum of 32 GB of space using SD cards. The battery is a 6000 mAh battery which means you'll get around 12 hours of battery life with standard usage.
The Sony Tablet S has a great performance and you can basically say goodbye to the lag you maybe had using other tablets in the past. Regardless if you're watching HD video, shooting HD video or having multiple applications open at the same time, the tablet will account for a seamless experience that'll leave you wanting for more. The internet seems to also be faster than that of the competition using its Wi-Fi connection and this means that accessing your E-mail and browsing the internet will be blazingly faster than ever before.
With its sleek design, capability of recording HD video, lightweight and premium features, you will find the Sony Tablet S to be a winner. It doesn't take much to understand that having one is going to help you with plenty of your daily tasks, not to mention the fact that you won't even have to worry about its weight. All of these and more make the Sony Tablet S a top performer in the world of tablets!